Copyright © 2022 Kingsport
- This event has passed.
Product Photography Class at the Inventor Center
January 7 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm$40
Learn basic lighting and photography skills so you can take professional photos of your work. We will focus on tabletop-sized pieces such as platters, vases, food, clothing, jewelry, or other similarly sized items. This class is for beginners, so just bring your camera, your work, and get ready to learn!
Skills taught include:
- Manipulating your light source
- Basic manual camera settings, including the best settings for a quality image
- Creating a proper set-up with items you already own
Please bring with you:
An object to photograph, no larger than 12”x12”. This can be a sweatshirt, bowl, piece of jewelry, laptop, can of food, etc.
A camera (or multiple cameras) and batteries/chargers. Recommended options are:
- Cellphone with camera (optional free app for expanded and manual settings)
- Digital SLR camera (Digital Single Lens Reflex) and camera card
- Point-and-shoot camera with manual option
- 35 mm Film Camera (must be functional) and 1-2 rolls of film
Suggested additional items (Do NOT buy these just for class):
- Tripod or substitute (i.e. stool and a sturdy box/bucket/books)
- Hanging or standing work lights
- Easily portable table/desk lamps
- Top/flat sheet, preferably white, black, or grey
- Clean piece of solid color fabric/tablecloth
EVENT CALENDAR PURPOSE AND CRITERIA
Each year the city enters into partnership agreements with multiple community partners some of whom in turn support the city by organizing events or promoting events of members and affiliates. By creating a common source for the dissemination of information about community events the city will be furthering its support of those community partners which in turn support the city. Moreover, the city wishes to and will benefit from highlighting gatherings which will be of benefit and enjoyment to the public.
Community partners may communicate their events or those which they promote to the city which will disseminate the information through the event calendar. Furthermore, the city of Kingsport will publish on the calendar those community events which are held on city property. In order to achieve the city’s goals only those events described herein will be published on the This is Kingsport event calendar which will be curated by city staff.